The Mission of NEBAALAS
- To carry out the program of the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science at the local level.
- To promote fellowship and cooperation among those interested in the objectives of NEBAALAS.
- To cooperate with other branches in the exchange of information and in the coordination of efforts concerning laboratory animal science.
- To assist the four other Branches which comprise District 1 in the sponsorship of the annual District 1 training session.
- To sponsor and to provide educational and training programs for members and others that are professionally engaged in the production, care, use, and study of laboratory animals.